On Thursday January 17th, Unblock Bangkok will bring together global and local blockchain players to discuss the latest developments in crypto markets and exchanges. The meetup will take place at SPACES, Chamchuri Square. Speakers come from CoinMarketCap, the top price-tracking website for cryptocurrency and Satang, which was recently awarded a license to operate a digital asset exchange in Thailand. In addition, ContractLand will demo their cross-chain decentralized exchange platform and discuss how it will impact the crypto markets. To round off the speakers list, CryptovationX and Carboneum will share local insights from their experience with robo-advisory and social trading in crypto markets respectively.
Presenting the Speakers
- Carylyne Chan is the Global Head of Marketing at CoinMarketCap, where she leads the company on branding, strategy, and drives marketing partnerships and initiatives. She previously co-founded an AI platform (acquired), built machine learning and natural language processing models for extractive AI summarization, and has developed and launched new products in markets like Hong Kong and India with American Express, 3M and AGT. Apart from that, Carylyne is Co-Founder & Former COO at KeyReply. She is also probably one of the biggest oolong tea enthusiasts you will meet in daily life.
- Peter He is the CEO at ContractLand, a decentralized exchange for cryptocurrency in a multi-chain ecosystem. He is known as an entrepreneur, developer, and blockchain investor. Founder of Nimbusfly Technologies Inc. A graduate of Computer Engineering from the University of Toronto. Peter has worked at Pivotal Labs and Bloomberg.
- Poramin Insom is the Co-Founder & CEO of Satang Corporation, which operates the Thai SEC-approved digital assets exchange Satang Pro. He is also known as the founder and core developer of Zcoin (XZC), one of the top privacy-focused cryptocurrencies. He has contributed significantly to improving cryptocurrency anonymity, by being the world’s first person to implement stealth addresses in QT-Wallets. He earned a master’s degree in Information Security from Johns Hopkins University where he wrote a paper on a proposed practical implementation of the Zerocoin protocol.
- Pondet Ananchai is the Founder & CEO of CryptovationX (Robo-advisory Platform for Digital Asset Management). He has over 5 years of experience in Blockchain and finance industry. In this earlier year, he had served a venture capital, managed a forex broker, and founded an Edtech startup. Prior to his business career, he was working with the United Nations (Asia Pacific) and Asian Development Bank implementing environment and youth related projects.
- Max Kortrakul is the Founder & CEO of Carboneum, a decentralized social trading platform that enables users to follow and imitate successful traders. Previously, he also co-founded StockRadars, a service providing mobile-based analytics and insight for trading.
We hope to see you on January 17th at SPACES – Chamchuri Square (24th Floor) in Bangkok for some engaging and in-depth discussions as well as networking. If you can’t make it to this event, ABR will continue to host dozens of events so we’ll catch you at the next one!
About Asia Blockchain Review
Asia Blockchain Review is the largest initiative for media and community building in Asia for blockchain technology. It aims to connect all blockchain enthusiasts on a regional scale and facilitate the technological foundation of blockchain through a range of group discussions, technical workshops, conferences, and consulting programs.
Our goal is to cultivate and encourage a collaborative community for our members to gather, share their experiences and endeavors in the blockchain space, and brainstorm the potential uses of blockchain technology.